I haven’t ever done the “blog meme” thing before (i.e., “Friday Five,” five questions that everyone is supposed to blog about on Friday – it’s a friendly way of getting blog traffic to circulate) but here’s some winter questions and answers. Feel free to tackle these questions on your own blog, and I will add a link to your post.
1. What’s the winter tool you can’t do without?
2. The winter tool you could do without (i.e., find unnecessary or silly)?
3. Your favorite music to listen to when stuck in the house in a snowstorm?
4. The winter sound you least like to hear?
5. Your driveway shoveling pattern: vertical (up and down)? horizontal (pushing from side to side)? Or any which way?
1. Can’t do without: The ClintonCam. No windows in my office, so it gives me a preview of road conditions downtown for the drive home. (Except, it appears I will have to do without it, since it isn’t working?)
2. Can do without: This plastic snowball maker. (Sure, if you’re having a perfect snowball fight to the death with Martha Stewart, maybe… but I guess I’m old-fashioned; you make snowballs with mittens.)
3. Favorite snow music: Right now, “Snowfall” by Manhattan Transfer.
4. Least favorite sound: The peculiarly unsettling sound of freezing rain. Which sounds just like rain, except louder. Too loud. When you hear this sound, something not-good is happening out there. (But here’s an even more unsettling phenomenon… a snow tornado!)
5. Shoveling pattern: Tends toward the vertical. I don’t feel comfortable unless I can get down to the bottom of the driveway and assess the snow-pack thrown up by the plows.
Updated: Northview Diary responds…
New York Traveler responds…
Life at Ground Level responds…